Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Laura's Pasta Salad

My mother is my hero. Both in life and in cooking:)  She taught me everything I know!

My mother makes this pasta salad, its not complicated or out of the ordinary, its just good. Maybe some of you have had pasta salads like this but if you haven't.. try it. Because it is delicious!!

one of her secrets is to put a little bit of mayo on it to help the dressing stick. (pretty sure this is the only time my mother uses real mayo and not the fat free stuff)

Laura's Pasta Salad

12-14 oz package of Penne or Twirly pasta
1 package of Tortellini (doesn't really matter how big, just add as much as you like... I like a lot :) )
1 cup sugar snap peas cut into small pieces
1/3 cup chopped olives
1/4 of a red onion chopped
1/4 cup mayo 
Zesty Italian dressing (to taste)

1. Cook the pasta and rinse it in cold water (Tortellini and Penne)
2. mix the veggies and pasta together
3. Add mayo and mix it until everything is coated. (you can use more or less mayo depending on preference)
4. dump in the dressing and mix. Use as much as you need to. I really like dressing so I'm not shy about putting it on. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment