Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cheese Fondue!!

Growing up, my mother always allowed us to pick the meal we wanted for the birthday dinner we had with our family.  My mother could make so many good things but the most common meals that me and my siblings requested were homemade pizza and cheese fondue.

My personal favorite was cheese fondue. I'm going to do this post on the actual molten cheese and then I will do a post on all of the different things that I like to dip into the fondue.


Fondue is one of those dishes that you can really make however you want depending on what taste you like.

So, the way that I see it is that if I am going to dip food in a high cal  cheese sauce then it better be dang good.

So I will give you the basic recipe that I use but don't be afraid to get creative and make it your own.

Cheese Fondue

1/2 lb Velveeta Cheese
1/2 c milk
4 oz cream cheese
1/8 c Worcestershire Sauce (use less if you don't like the bite that it has)
2 c sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 t  garlic powder

1: combine the milk, cream cheese, and Velveeta in a medium pot
2: cook on low heat stirring often
3: add everything else in and adjust amounts to your liking.

note: if it's too thick, add milk; if it's too strong, add cream cheese; if its too bland add more seasoning, if it's too thin and milky add more cheese (Velveeta and cheese)

I never really like Fondue recipes from a book, they just aren't very good.  

I know that this recipe is a bit vague but if you have questions please comment and I will answer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment