Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cheese Ball Appetizer

These are a staple at my house for holidays and any special occasion.  I am the one who always makes them and I also really like them.

We have two different recipes, one for the most of my family and one for me and the rest of my family who are trying to cut calories.

Like most of my favorite recipes, this one can be altered depending on what you like:)  So don't be afraid to throw different things in and get creative.

Calorie-full Cheese Ball

1 8oz block of cream cheese
1 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1-2 t garlic salt
1/2t onion powder
1 t parsley flakes

Mix this all together in a bowl with a wooden spoon and then roll into a ball and serve on a plate with crackers.


Calorie-light Cheese Ball

1 8oz block of cream cheese
1/2 bunch green onions sliced
1/2 t turmeric
1t garlic powder
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Mix together everything but the almonds. Roll into a ball and then roll in the almonds  to create an outer layer of almond slices. I really like this recipe- the turmeric is essential!  

Enjoy guys!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment