Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Green Drink

This is one of those recipes that everybody reads and thinks that I am insane for drinking it, but its really good.

When I am in the habit of drinking this Green Drink every morning, I feel really good and have a lot more energy. Also, I tend to eat healthier throughout the day and not crave junk food .... which is always a good thing:)

You can really alter this recipe to be however you want it.

The biggest part of the drink is spinach. Usually the drink also has parsley, cucumber and celery.  I would recommend seeding the cucumber first. Unless you have a really good blender, the seeds will stay intact and be an awkward chunk as you drink.

I like to put a little Ginger root in my drink because Ginger is really good for your digestive health.

Fruit is what you want to taste the most. I usually use apples, oranges, and pineapple.

This is my recipe:

Green Drink

2 cups spinach (stems and leaves)
2-3 apples (cored and quartered)
1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
half of a cucumber (seeded)
half a bunch of parsley
half an orange (separated)
1/4 inch of ginger root. (I don't cut this up into smaller pieces because it is easier for the blender to grab)

Wash all of the ingredients and put them in a blender.
Blend really well and pour into glass. This can serve 2-4 people depending on how much you like to drink.


I also really like carrots but I usually don't use them because my blender doesn't blend them really well and my drink ends up chunky.

Here is a link to the Green Drink by Dr. Oz (I'm not really a fan but I do like this recipe on his website)  figure out what you like and enjoy.
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-green-drink

No comments:

Post a Comment