Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Deli vs packaged lunch meat

So this blog is not necessarily about cooking. But it is about food.

Sandwiches are something that we all eat often and they are a good way to keep the calories down and stay healthy.   However, you might be eating some really awful stuff in your lunch meat. Most packaged lunch meat is riddled with fillers and preservatives. It can contribute to gut problems. So if you are having any kind of GI disorder or discomfort, look at your food especially lunch meat because it could easily be the culprit.

Don't assume that because it comes sliced fresh from a deli that it is good for you.  Much of the common deli meat is just as poor quality as the packaged stuff.  I have found two brands that are really good both in taste and quality: Boars Head and Columbus.

I know this is a really weird post but I just have so many friends and family members with bad guts that I felt like I wanted to share this tid-bit that I have discovered:)

No comments:

Post a Comment